Tuesday, May 29, 2007

I need a vacation.

Seriously. My vacation this week couldn't have come at a better time. My dad is taking his girlfriend to Cancun for her birthday, and I'm gonna meet them there for a few days. Lying on a beach, doing absolutely nothing, is EXACTLY what I need right now. I'll return next weekend and post a few pictures, and most of them will not include farm animals and very loose women.

I'm still waiting to hear about my truck. There is a dispute as to whose fault the accident was, but although the police report says it was my fault, we have a really good case against it, as there are no lines on the road, nor are there any signs, to indicate that there are two lanes. It will probably end up in arbitration, so I should know more in a few weeks. I hope to find out pretty soon if my truck is totaled or not. However, I've been ready to make a vehicle change for a while now, and this got me off my ass and out shopping. I bought a 2004 Volkswagen Passat on Memorial Day:


I bought it at a VW dealership, and it's certified by VW, so it comes with an automatic 2-year, 24,000 mile warranty. It's roomy, has leather interior, and has power everything except the seats, which is no big deal to me. I was determined to buy a convertible (I test drove an '03 Audi A4 last Friday), but common sense won out this weekend. It wasn't worth the extra money right now, and the sunroof comes pretty close to making up for it.

My goal right now is to not be in a Mexican prison when the first payment is due. Wish me luck...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Joey, do you enjoy movies about Gladiators?

Lord Bling said...

Yes, but can you speak Jive?

Anonymous said...

Which apartment is NIN's? The Grey or Blue (seen just over your trunk door)

Lord Bling said...

Give him some credit, dude. Grey? He's got a better sense of style than that. His is the blue one.

/Ferrin the Grouch FTW