Tuesday, October 20, 2009

6-0

The Bronco train just keeps rolling. Even with those fuck-ugly 'throwback' uniforms (or as I'm calling them, 'throwup'), Denver looked tough on the road last night against San Diego. One thing they needed to improve upon after a close win against New England last week was the special teams. I'd say they made some adjustments:





Now, I'm not saying they're gonna run the table or anything foolish like that, but it's looking like we should take the division this year. It may be the AFC Worst, but the playoffs are the playoffs. And I'll also say that like all of the 'football experts', I didn't believe they would be this good. I mean, c'mon. Elvis Dumervil, a fourth-round pick in 2006, now leads the league with ten sacks in six games. TEN. That's some Tecmo Super Bowl shit right there. The only question right now is, 'Will the Broncos be good enough to beat a top-tier team, like the Steelers or Colts?' We'll find out the answer to both before this season is over.

On another note, let me say that I HATE Stuart Scott. Hate him. He's not funny, and he never was. 'As cool as the other side of the pillow?' Sounds like an outtake from 'Kids Say the Darnedest Things'. 'Boo-yah?' Is that the sound that football pitching machine made when it drilled you in the face?


Thanks to The Miles for the Photoshop inspiration.

By the way, congratulations to the Kansas City Chiefs, who finally won a game this year. Although by doing so, they might have blown their chance at the only prize they could feasibly win this year (the number-one pick in the 2010 Draft). They still have a shot though, since Detroit also only has one win, and Oakland now has two wins.

5 comments:

Ben Patrick said...

I'll tell you something that you're going to start to argue with, and then you're going to realize I'm right: no matter how many wins KC has this year, one of them is likely to be against Denver. Why? In the history of the rivalry, there have been VERY few sweep seasons. Those teams play each other close, even when they are radically mismatched on paper. Listen to me now and hear me later, but that shiate is likely to happen.

Lord Bling said...

I don't argue with lawyers, just like lawyers don't play online shooters with me. :)

Ben Patrick said...

Crap. Well, wait until March or so when I actually HAVE free time, and we'll do COD. I must confess to being not that great.

Lord Bling said...

Don't worry, Miles and I will still be on this game in March. We're still playing the last Modern Warfare, and it's almost two years old now.

HCP said...

Anyone want to bet on if Vick is a Raider by trade deadline? I'm willing to bet 2 pitbulls!