Wednesday, December 07, 2005

TEXAS WEATHER WARNING IN EFFECT

Texans are complete fucking pussies when it comes to cold weather. I got to go home early from work today, because .... sleet fell from the sky for a couple of hours! There was a thin layer of ice on my windshield when I got to my car, but otherwise, the roads were completely clear. And yet, the highways are backed-up for miles, as every moron east of Fort Worth is driving like Mr. Magoo.

They're saying that most of downtown Dallas will probably be shut down tomorrow morning, because .... we're supposed to get ONE TO TWO INCHES OF SNOW tonight!!! Now, I don't want to turn this into a 'I used to walk uphill both ways to school' story, but I grew up in North Dakota. One to two inches of snow was considered a drought. A reprieve. Granted, we had the snowplows up there to deal with it, and I'd bet that Jamestown has almost as many snowplows as the entire D/FW metroplex, but still .... one to two inches of snow? And business shuts down entirely?

My Xbox 360 is gonna be smoking from overuse tomorrow!


Texas, I may not like your politics, or your big-haired women, but I love your paper-thin skin.

No comments: