Thursday, February 16, 2006

Stop or the Vice President will Shoot

I bet you think I'm going to write about Dick Cheney shooting his "friend" in the face with a shotgun while hunting captive game, but you would be wrong. I would love to wax philosophical about how this is not the least bit surprising. I grew up in Wyoming, Dick Cheney Country, and I can tell you that I've been hunting with some drunk and crazy assholes, and no one ever got shot. With friends like Dick, Terri Schaivo might have never been in that whole moral conundrum situation.

I've gotten a lot of comments recently about the color of my website. If someone wants to design a better webpage for me, for free, I would gladly accept. But seeing as how I want to focus on writing, and not what color my links and background are, I don't see that changing anytime soon. If you're having a hard time reading this, I'm sorry, but get a bigger monitor or paste it into word or something. Seriously. Visual researchers will actually tell you it's better for your eyes to read this than something in a white background, but I am sure, eventually, something will change here. In the meantime, there are plenty of other webistes with better designs and color schemes for those of you with visual impairments.

What I really wanted to write about was the SPORTSTRAVAGANZA that I am going to be participating in on Saturday. You might recall my trip to Green Bay on New Years Day after 2 hours of sleep, on a bus with the elderly, in a permanent drunken haze. Saturday will feature more sporting events in less time, and fewer miles, but I am sure the drunken debauchery will be just as intense.

The fun starts Saturday at Noon, when I will leave Omaha for Lincoln. In Lincoln, my friend Shane and I will proceed to drink massive quantities of alcohol at area bars including but not limited to The Watering Hole, Cliff's, Woody's and quite possibly The Spigot. At approximately 3 pm Central Time, we will attend the Nebraska vs. Texas Tech Men's Basketball game at the Bob Devaney Center. I want to see Bobby Knight kill a cheerleader. And I don't care which team the cheerleader is playing for.

After the game, we will trek back to Omaha for a night of bonus sports. We will attend the University of Nebraska-Omaha Mavericks vs. Michigan Men's Hockey game at the Omaha Civic Auditorium followed by the Creighton Blue Jays vs. Fresno State Bracket Buster basketball game at the Qwest Center, only a few blocks away. The Creighton game starts at 11 pm Central Time, by which time, I figure to be one very intoxicated midget.

I will post some updates, and possibly some photos to the website on Sunday or Monday, pending my release for a local correctional facility.

No comments: