Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Lawrence O'Donnell goes off on the Mormon faith

This is in response to the Midge's comment in his last post about the Mormon faith being racist, and also another reason why I love The McLaughlin Group. Lawrence O'Donnell went off so hard that he even got Eleanor Clift to back down, which is not an easy thing to do.



Also, here is an editorial written by O'Donnell that goes into more detail, and quotes the Book of Mormon and Brigham Young.

Now, I think O'Donnell made the cardinal sin of being too emotional, and that got him into some exaggeration. 'The worst political speech of my lifetime?' I doubt it. But I think the base of his argument holds water.

For the record, I know there are some fucked up things written in the Bible too. I'm sure the same is true about the Quran, the Torah, et. al. Being a questioning agnostic, I really don't give a shit. It's just words. I only wish the worst messages from those texts didn't burrow their way into so many people's minds.

4 comments:

Ryan the Angry Midget said...

Pat Buchanan: My great-grandfather owned slaves.

No shit Pat. No shit.

Check out my codpiece.\
That's not a codpiece, that's a strap-on dildo.\\

Lord Bling said...

I'm glad you've gotten into Metalocalypse. Funny show.

/it's called a grocery store, ya douchebaygs!

Anonymous said...

Some of that editorial sounded really familiar to me. And it should have sounded familiar to Ryan as well.....

Ryan the Angry Midget said...

Yes, it does. Except that I believe you told those nice Mormon girls that their ancestors followed some liar out into the middle of nowhere. That was money. Still one of my fondest memories from high school.