Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Denver to Dallas: Not Exactly A Relocation To Brag About

This guy in Colorado really misses Lord Bling.
Yeah, so I moved from Seattle to Omaha, Nebraska, which most people probably think qualifies me as criminally insane. Nevermind that I make a better salary doing the same job I did in Seattle, and that Seattle has one of the most ridiculous costs of living in the US, when one takes into account what people are paid to live there. San Francisco is similarly expensive, but the primary difference is that people get paid a lot more in San Francisco than they do in Seattle. For the difference in the cost of living between Omaha and Seattle, I can own a house where my mortgage is less than the rent at my 785 sqaure foot apartment I lived in while in Washington, plus I could fly there 4 times a year, if I were so inclined.
What Lord Bling is quick to forget is leaving Colorado, for this:

And this:

And let's not forget this:

So really, you can bag me all you want for leaving Seattle, but leaving Denver for Dallas is not exactly Movin' on up like the Jeffersons.

2 comments:

Lord Bling said...

Palisades rocked. So did Elliots. Went to a few bars, but by the time I got to them, I was already three sheets to the wind.

Oh, and see my rebuttal above. Consider it an olive branch, as well as a not-so-subtle point to the scoreboard....

:)

Lord Bling said...

By the way, your argument is more of what I'd expect from someone like Sean Hannity or Michael Savage. 'Oh yeah? Well, Kerry is worse!'

But soon, you and I will be united in our anti-Chiefs front. Pre-season games start in less than a month!