Tuesday, November 04, 2008

Bad news for McCain



When Karl Rove and Ryan the Angry Midget agree on something, you might want to start planning for the apocalypse. Based on the map above from his website, Rove is predicting a larger Obama victory than I did in my prediction post . Rove is predicting a 338-200 margin. The only difference between his prediction and mine is that he thinks Obama wins Ohio. I do think that Obama will win Florida today, but not Ohio. Although I won't be upset or lose sleep if I am wrong on Ohio, and Obama wins there as well.

A good friend of mine who is Republican and voting for McCain this year pointed out to me when I shared Rove's prediction with him that Rove is upset because McCain didn't hire Rove as a strategist or to help run his campaign. While this may or may not be true, it will be interesting to see how accurate Rove's prediction is. Sour grapes or not, if Rove ends up being close, it would be hard to argue that McCain's snub had any influence on his predictions. Maybe McCain should have hired Rove, since he managed to get W. in the White House, which still blows my mind to this day. Like him or hate him, Karl Rove has a knack for politics and doesn't mind playing dirty.

No comments: