Thursday, November 13, 2008

Video of the Week -- Opeth -- 'Burden'

Yes kids, it's that time again. My Video of the Week is a brand new release from the Swedish progressive metal band Opeth. It's the most 'mellow' song on their new album, titled Watershed. It's a great track from a great album, and it's not a 'metal' song per se, so I think a few of you out there will appreciate it.



Opeth is my favorite band on this planet right now, so I might be a little biased, but I love that song. What do you think?

BONUS VIDEO!

Here's the first single ('The Grand Conjuration') from their previous album (Ghost Reveries). As you'll see, they do the 'Cookie Monster' vocals from time to time, but they're miles ahead of most metal bands in terms of songwriting ability.

2 comments:

Ryan the Angry Midget said...

The more I hear from these guys, the more impressed I am with them. After Ocean Machine and System, Opeth is probably the best band you've introduced me to.

Lord Bling said...

They've continued to improve their sound and technicality, but haven't forgotten how to write great riffs and strong vocal hooks. And they're still heavy to boot...