Wednesday, November 05, 2008

I wanted to post this yesterday...

.... but I didn't want to jinx it.


I have a lot I'd like to say about last night, but I don't have much time today, so there will be other posts later in the week. However, I do want to say one thing right now. I know we here on this blog have been hard on the standing Presidential administration, and in my opinion, it's almost always been for good reason. However, I pledge to also be hard on Obama's administration when I feel he's doing something wrong. We may lean to the left here, but we also like being 'devil's advocates.' I'm not always going to agree with anyone in power, and I won't pull any punches with Obama, just like we didn't with Dubya.

Having said all that, I'll end with this: When I was growing up, I never imagined that I'd live to see a black president. It ended up happening before I turned 40. That in and of itself makes me even prouder to be an American than I ever was before, and I would feel that way even if said President-Elect was a Republican. We still have a long ways to go in this nation (Prop 8 passing in California is proof of that), but we've taken a large step. Obama has his work cut out for him, but I have faith that he can get us back on the right track.

No comments: