Friday, October 24, 2008

All Our Heroes Have Died...




I don't waste my time, especially in an election year, seeking out in wonderment what my favorite celeb has to say about certain issues and/or elected officials. This is why I disregarded Sly Stallone's endorsement of John McCain and the human killing machine Chuck Norris' endorsement of Mike Huckabee. Then I see this when I get up this morning.

This one hurts the most. I could care less about the rest of those idiots and who they vote for, but come on John, I can't believe that you would stoop to this level. My biggest problem with this endorsement, unlike those others, is that John Elway might actually have some pull in a swing state that tends to have nothing but love and admiration for him and his career. Am I influenced by his vote of confidence for John McCain? No, but lets just say that I'm not real impressed at this point with his post-career decision making, save the whole marrying an ex-Raiderette cheerleader.

Now I know someone will say, "If he had come out for Barack, you wouldn't be upset." The point of this post isn't the endorsement itself, but the fact that John Elway knows that he could influence the low info portion of the electorate in Colorado.

One of the poorest decisions by one of the greatest QBs of all time. Way to "Orange Crush" my spirit on a Friday John.

3 comments:

Ryan the Angry Midget said...

Elway is officially no longer my hero. A rich guy like him probably does want McCain to win, but coming out for Obama would have shown that he's not a selfish fuck.

leptodactylous said...

I've been thinking that maybe Cutler was the promised one who could at least rival Elway. Now I hope he breaks every one of John's records. I'm sorely disappointed.

Ryan the Angry Midget said...

Hey the miles,

The Kansas Shitty Cheats are John McCain's favorite team. He even has season tickets.